Richie Wellens Interview

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Richie Wellens Interview

Post by LittleMate »

Cheshunto wrote: ↑Thu May 02, 2024 11:42 am I reckon he’s had his Barnet done a la Theo and something done to his gnashers πŸ˜‚
Who gives a Fcuk though, the man is staying in E10 and keeping us all entertained πŸ‘
Rogers Hair fashions have branched out!
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

LittleMate wrote: ↑Thu May 02, 2024 1:08 pm
Cheshunto wrote: ↑Thu May 02, 2024 11:42 am I reckon he’s had his Barnet done a la Theo and something done to his gnashers πŸ˜‚
Who gives a Fcuk though, the man is staying in E10 and keeping us all entertained πŸ‘
Riza's Hair Fashions (Istanbul)
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: ↑Thu May 02, 2024 12:29 pm Wellens aims to take Orient to Championship:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/ar ... 8zvv23j93o
Quite interesting that he's changed his tune a little bit in terms of our goals for next season (at least I can't remember him saying that next season might not be the one for us before).

I dont mind it. Setting expectations lower than 'not getting in the playoffs will be a failure' is quite clever whereby if we get there he has overachieved. Potentially based in reality if we are to believe the league will be stronger.

But most importantly, his point about turn over is a great one. A settle squad that has experience of playing together is much better than one that needs 3 months of the season to gel. Lets go and get a really decent squad together on 3 year deals. Some talented youngsters who might not be right there next season, but with a season under their belt, will be and set ourselves up for promotion in 25/26. Obviously, we will still have a chance next year but i'm happy to wait for another season if it means we are set-up better for Championship football.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: ↑Thu May 02, 2024 2:40 pm
Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: ↑Thu May 02, 2024 12:29 pm Wellens aims to take Orient to Championship:

Quite interesting that he's changed his tune a little bit in terms of our goals for next season (at least I can't remember him saying that next season might not be the one for us before).

I dont mind it. Setting expectations lower than 'not getting in the playoffs will be a failure' is quite clever whereby if we get there he has overachieved. Potentially based in reality if we are to believe the league will be stronger.

But most importantly, his point about turn over is a great one. A settle squad that has experience of playing together is much better than one that needs 3 months of the season to gel. Lets go and get a really decent squad together on 3 year deals. Some talented youngsters who might not be right there next season, but with a season under their belt, will be and set ourselves up for promotion in 25/26. Obviously, we will still have a chance next year but i'm happy to wait for another season if it means we are set-up better for Championship football.
Most summers we have a lot of churn. Think back to the seasons with the least in recent memory: 2013, 2018, 2020, 2022. All but one of these produced a great result the following season.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

OyinbO wrote: ↑Thu May 02, 2024 2:51 pm

Most summers we have a lot of churn. Think back to the seasons with the least in recent memory: 2013, 2018, 2020, 2022. All but one of these produced a great result the following season.
Exactly. Distinctly remember Slade saying that we barely had any turnover from the season before in 2013/14, which was a key to our success. The only 1st teamer I remember we signed was Vincelot, but he was with us on loan before that anyway.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: ↑Thu May 02, 2024 3:25 pm
OyinbO wrote: ↑Thu May 02, 2024 2:51 pm

Exactly. Distinctly remember Slade saying that we barely had any turnover from the season before in 2013/14, which was a key to our success. The only 1st teamer I remember we signed was Vincelot, but he was with us on loan before that anyway.
Shaun Batt too, but similar story.

And Yohann Lasimant. Very important winner on Boxing Day!
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Hoover Attack wrote: ↑Thu May 02, 2024 2:16 pm
LittleMate wrote: ↑Thu May 02, 2024 1:08 pm
Riza's Hair Fashions (Istanbul)
Earns enough money to have it done in the UK - but if he's got a new set of gnashers too then he's definitely been out east!! :D